IMPORTANT CHANGE TO SIZE GRADED AWARDS:
- When a company applies for listing in a size graded category they will now be required to disclose the overall number of passengers, retail outlets, bookings
or turnover as defined by the category.
- This should be the overall figure for the company/brand and NOT related to the individual award category(s) entered.
- Companies who fail to disclose this figure at the time of registration will be sent a reminder with their direct voting app url email. If this information is
not forthcoming the company/brand will be considered "large" or determined by the British Travel Awards.
- This number will be published next to the nominee in each of their elected categories on this website until 15 June 2018.
- Companies can appeal the published figures of competing companies up to 15 June 2018.
- Any appeal must be accompanied by independent evidence supporting the appeal that can be verified by the British Travel Awards and/or
- Any appeals received after 15 June 2018 will not be considered.
Tour operators will be referenced as holiday companies on the consumer voting form award category listings.
Tour operators offering land based arrangements
- Large - More than 80,000 pax per year
- Medium - 10,000 to 80,000 pax per year
- Small - Less than 10,000 pax per year
Best Independent Travel Agency
- Large - 50 to 100 retail outlets (companies/brands with more than 100 shops shoud enter Best National Travel Agency)
- Medium - 10 to 49 retail outlets
- Small - Less than 10 retail outlets
Best Cruise Holiday Retailer
- Large - More than TBC bookings in the last 12 months accounting period
- Medium - TBC to TBC bookings in the last 12 months accounting period
- Small - Less than TBC bookings in the last 12 months accounting period
Best Villa Holiday Company and
Best UK Holiday Cottage Booking Company
- Large - More than £40m sales in the last 12 months accounting period
- Medium - £15m to £40m sales in the last 12 months accounting period
- Small - Less than £15m sales in the last 12 months accounting period
Best Winter Sports Accommodation Provider
- Large - More than 25,000 guests per year
- Medium - 2,500 to 25,000 guests per year
- Small - Less than 2,500 guests per year